Thursday, September 06, 2007

Conflicting Interests

Sorry for being a stranger.

The problem I'm facing right now is that I have a blog for a class that I'm required to post to on a regular basis. The entries on this blog are generally class-related, but still, they sap a good deal of my creative blogging juices. Also, very few funny/interesting/tragic things have happened in my life recently that seem worthy of a blog post.

Still, I'll give it the old college try.

- In Best Buy, I watched a man decked out in Wranglers, oversized belt buckle, and cowboy hat briefly scan the new DVD releases before grabbing "Delta Farce" and walk directly to the register.

- I had a conversation in which we discussed how dirty Disney movies really are. For example, the refrain of The Little Mermaid classic "Under the Sea":

"Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me"

Later:

" Each little clam here
know how to jam here
Under the sea
Each little slug here
Cuttin' a rug here"

And so on.

- For my class, we have to make a "vlog" post, which is essentially a blog post in video form. My idea for the video was to investigate dog fighting in Lawrence with a visit to the local Humane Society. I would ask various questions about dog fighting and film puppies playing while uttering phrases such as "Chilling..." and "I can...I can hardly watch..." At some point, I would want to fade the screen to red, possibly superimpose a skull over the puppies scene, complete with the appropriate sound effects. At some point Conan's Evil Puppy would make a cameo. It would have been hilarious, yet poignant and maybe even educational.

Instead, we're doing a piece on how people are rude in KU parking lots.

No comments: