Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Starlight

"History always repeats itself, except for those golden opportunities." - Anonymous

It's late, I've had a bit to drink, but sometimes you just get the urge to fucking blog!

So I really don't believe in cosmic shit, but sometimes life throws you a weird coincidence that hits a little too close to home to attribute to pure chance. Without going into too much detail, I've associated the song "Starlight" by Muse to a certain situation in my life. I'd never really paid much attention to the words. I just thought it sounded cool, and my initial notice of said coolness coincided with the initial stages of this aforementioned situation. So I've always connected the two.

Tonight, after a conversation that I felt went fairly well despite its negative outcome, I took some time to listen to the lyrics, which now seem almost prophetical:

Far away
This ship has taken me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die

Starlight
I will be chasing a starlight
Until the end of my life
I don't know if it's worth it anymore

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold you in my arms

My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to re-ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive

I'll never let you go
If you promise not to fade away
Never fade away

Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations
Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations

Well, there you go. A brief glimpse into the tortured psyche of Floyd. If you know what I might be talking about, kudos. If not, there's a reason for that. Now if you don't mind, fuck off, I need to make another drink if I'm going to be able to function tomorrow.

No comments: